mercoledì, gennaio 01, 2014

25 ROSE: TRISHA BAUMELER


SOMETHING ABOUT YOU

Q1. Trisha, where and when were you born?
A1. I was born in Lucerne, Switzerland, the 27th july 1997.


Q2. Can you tell us something about your family?
A2. My father and my mother are divorced. I live with my father and my little sister Kasey (8 years old) lives with my mother. But that doesn’t keep her away from flicking, every time when she’s with me and my father we play and practice Subbuteo. J  

Q3. Which is the most beautiful memory of your childhood?
A3. I’d say my first trip to the USA with Thomas (my father). I was only 11 years old. It’s been wonderful to discover this amazing country by car. We have been in 5 different states: California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona and Colorado. It’s unbelievable how different this country is from Switzerland. And guess what, we even played Subbuteo there, in Simi Valley, that’s near Los Angeles. Best holiday ever J




Q4. Where do you live now and which school do you attend (or which job you do)?
A4. I live near Zürich and currently I attend high school and prepare myself for university.

Q5. Which languages do you speak and which is your favorite one?
A5. I am fluent in German and English, and in addition I speak Spanish, Italian and French (but I’m still learning J)
That’s a really tough question! I have to admit since I study Spanish & Italian, I totally fell in love with those languages!

Q6. Which are your favorite school subject and why? 
A6. I prefer all the language subjects and physical education J. I’ve always loved to do sport and as I am a person who really likes to talk much, I’m interested in languages.

Q7. Which are the strengths and the flaws that you recognize yourself?
A7. I think I’m a good speaker, I’ve never been afraid of communicating with other people, no matter what language they speak. 
However, I am undisciplined and way too lazy J whether in Subbuteo or school; I don’t train or study enough whereas other people are much more ambitious and disciplined.

Q8. Which sports do you practice and which ones involve you emotionally?
A8. I’ve been doing martial arts since I was 5 years old. I started with judo and jiu jitsu and currently I’m doing Thai kick-boxing and Subbuteo (yes I do consider Subbuteo as a Sport J). I love football! I am supporter of Grasshoppers Club Zürich and Liverpool Football Club.


                  


Q9. Which religion do you practice?
A9. I am catholic. (If there was a Subbuteo religion, I’d change J)

Q10. Which kind of music do you listen and which are your favorite groups or singers?
A10.  I listen to Rock/Pop music, but I don’t have a favorite group/singer.

Q11. Which kind of books do you read and who are your favorite writers?
A11.  Unfortunately I have to say I haven’t got time to read often. Mostly I read the literature that we have to read for school. If I had to choose one it would be “La muerte y la doncella” by Ariel Dorfman; it’s in Spanish.

Q12. Which kind of films do you see and who are your favorite directors and actors?
A12. Any kind of film; but my favorite one is Into the Wild. Therefore my favorite actors are Emile Hirsch and Sean Penn.
                     


Q13. Which are your favorite social network and why?
A13. It’s Facebook, because I can keep in touch with all my friends of Subbuteo.



SOMETHING ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND YOU

Q14. Which are the features do you value in others?
A14. Honesty, loyalty and joy (may sound strange but I like smiling people) 

Q15. Which countries would you like to visit and where you would like to live?
A15. I want to visit Thailand or Australia one day. Actually there are so many interesting things to discover, I’d love to do a world trip. 
I can imagine that I won’t live in Switzerland forever but where exactly, I don’t know yet.

Q16. What do you like to do in your spare time?
A16. Spending time with my family and friends, Subbuteo or sleeping. 




SOMETHING ABOUT YOU AND SUBBUTEO TABLE SOCCER

Q17. When and how did you hear about Subbuteo and what prompted you to practice it at a competitive level?
A17. My father already played Subbuteo as a kid and all of a sudden he came up with it again. So I accompanied him to tournaments and it caught my interest immediately. We love the game but we are bad in shooting and tactical things. We improved ourselves  by playing lots of games against each other. Still, to reach a high level in Subbuteo is really hard, especially in Switzerland because we only have about 15 active players in our country. But we won’t give up J

Q18. Can you tell us something about your Subbuteo Club, its organization and your teammates?
A18. Thomas and I founded a new Subbuteo Club (SC Anfield Hoppers Zürich) in 2010. We are a really small club and not successful at all, but we all share the same passion about the game and we all are Liverpool supporters which makes it a great team. As the only international active team of Switzerland we even took part of the Champions League in Naples, which was absolutely amazing!

                         

Q19. Can you tell us something about Subbuteo in Switzerland? 
A19. As I said, these are hard times for us. Subbuteo isn’t well known here and in the whole country we only have 15 active players. Up to now I was Switzerland’s only woman and youth player but times will change! We’ve got a few new beginners and I hope there will follow a lot more. 

Q20. Which type of materials (bases, miniatures … ) are you playing with and what kind of player are you? 
A20. I changed a lot of my teams! I’m currently trying to find out which bases are ideal for me, I’m switching between realsoccer & tcha4 bases. My teams are Palermo and Grasshoppers Zürich J I’d describe myself as a really offensive and playful player, tactics and defending are my weaknesses for sure!


Q21. When you play Subbuteo you think it’s easier to win by scoring one goal more than the opponent or conceding it one less? 
A21. To me, scoring one goal more! It makes more fun J

Q22. Can you tell us the different emotions you feel when you play individual competitions and team ones? 
A22. When I’m playing individual I am always very nervous & under pressure! When I’m playing team, there’s this special feeling, this team spirit. You feel like you’re part of something and that’s really motivating. I can play much more relaxed and focused.


Q23.Can you describe the most fearsome women Subbuteo opponents and those that will become in the near future?
A23. Delphine Dieudonné. But Carmela Gerosa, Margot Diradourian, Paola Forlani & Emelie Despretz will become or are already very strong too in my opinion.

Q24. Would you like to come and play Subbuteo for an italian team?
A24.  200% yes J. For every Subbuteo player it’s a dream come true if you can play for an Italian team. In my opinion Italy is the country with the most opportunities to improve your game and it’s very  attractive to play tournaments there.


Q25. The Black Rose ’98 Roma is growing its youth sector; there are also two girls who promise to become good players. “Black Rose”, “Roma” and “Subbuteo Girl Players”. We hope you will consider us. What do you think about? ;)))
A25.  Sounds tempting J! If I’ll ever be good enough to play for an Italian team, I definitely will consider you! 



THE LAST QUESTION 


TLQ. Try to imagine your future. What do you see? 
TLA. I hope after graduating high school to be able to make a gap year & then I want to attend the university. And especially in Subbuteo I want to be world champion one day, also if I’m 90 years old, that’s my goal J














THANKS Trisha


T.S.C. BLACK ROSE ’98 ROMA
IS 
WAITING FOR YOU

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento